[khtml.maplib] Markers & Infowindow

  • From: Ewald Wieser <aevoid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: khtml.maplib@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 15:20:41 +0200

Hello alltogether,

I have just completed my Google Summer of Code project successfully and want to
present my work:

After a lot of research on Google Maps, BING, Yahoo Maps and OpenLayers I
developed a simple Marker-API and InfoWindow for khtml.maplib with full touch
support. I decided to use the same parameters as Google Maps because they are
easy to understand and to use and because there are many sites that create a
custom marker for you (incl. shadow, shape and source-code) from a png like:
http://www.powerhut.co.uk/googlemaps/custom_markers.php

Have a look at my work here:
http://mt091110.students.fhstp.ac.at/gsoc/v2/khtml_marker.html
and here: http://mt091110.students.fhstp.ac.at/gsoc/v2/khtml_infobox.html
and feel free to give me feedback.

You can see more examples and the whole project progression here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Improving_khtml.maplib#Update_7:_August_4th

There is also an API-documentation with some examples here:
http://mt091110.students.fhstp.ac.at/gsoc/v2/doc/api-dev/symbols/khtml.maplib.overlay.Marker.html

Hope you enjoy!
Ewald