[kennedycatholicstaff] Emailing the whole staff -- the easy way!

  • From: "Fil Tribble" <tribblef@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kennedycatholicstaff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 10:02:29 -0700

Hi Everyone,

A quick word on email etiquette, the difficulties of our system, and a good
way for you to email everyone.

First, as has been the topic of recent conversation, always be sure to whom
your message is addressed.  There have been some old addresses in some
messages lately and some of those people would appreciate it if we would
stop sending them messages.  I have an aunt who keeps me on her list of
extreme political opinions and I find it distasteful, but I have to keep
wading through the messages that she sends because I don't want to miss
family news that is really valuable!

In the addressing of a group message, if you put the "Big List" in the BCC
box, then nobody can hijack your message with a Reply-All and give gardening
advice on your request for staffing help at prom (or an extraordinary
experience - hint: we have one more chance for you to join your
international kids in June!!)

Second, we are operating our emails on a number of different systems and the
updated mailing list that Peggy sent out last week only really works on
Outlook.

Third, we are going to move all of our email from Network Solutions over the
summer onto a Microsoft Office 365 cloud-based system, which means that you
will be able to do email from anywhere, even your desktop Outlook!  And it
will all "sync."  Yay!  (If you have concerns about where your old emails
will go, talk to me.)

Finally - The Easy Solution!

I have signed up everyone on Peggy's updated mailing list to receive an
email sent to kennedycatholicstaff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

All you have to do to send a nice message to the staff is send it to one
email address.  That is what I have just done . I addressed this message to
kennedycatholicstaff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and you can too.

If you didn't get this message, then email me.  (just kidding)

Great Peace to you as you use this new power professionally and
appropriately,

-Fil Tribble

Cultural Ambassador / Helpdesk

John F. Kennedy Catholic High School