[kegswindows] Re: installing Windows XP

  • From: "Cliff Morgan" <morgan_cliff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kegswindows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 14:24:14 +0000

Kurt,

When at the black screen, you see, "press any key to boot from a CD"  are
youhitting a key such as the spacebar? (you will only have 5-10 seconds to
dothis)  This will start the Windows disk loading.

Incidentally, during setup, you will be given a choice to partition and
format your drive with NTFS if you like,  Windows will do it for you.

Let me know if this does not do the trick.

Cliff

  >From: "Kurt Mincin" >Reply-To: kegswindows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx >To: "KEGS
(Windows) SIG" >Subject: [kegswindows] installing Windows XP >Date: Sun, 18
Aug 2002 20:32:53 -0700 >>I parititioned and formatted (FAT32 because I
don'tknow how to do NTFS) my hard drive and am trying to install the full
version of windows xp home. I was told by the store where I bought it to set
the boot sequence to the CD first in BIOS, and then to boot from the XP CD.
When I try that, this message is displayed: >>"boot from ATAPI CD-ROM: >"no
emulation". >>"press any key to boot from CD..." >>After a slight delay, the
following message: >>"invaild system disk" >"replace the disk, and then
pressany key". >>I can access the CD and get a directory, so I don't know if
the CD drive is the issue or the windows xp cd is the issue. It's an Aopen
JustLink 24x10x40 CD-RW (I think that's right). Any ideas? >>Kurt Mincin
>http://www.myildportal.com >ref #: 1827854, pass: guest

MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: Click Here[1]

--- Links ---
   1 'http://g.msn.com/1HM1ENUS/c156??PI=44364'