[kegswindows] installing Windows XP

  • From: "Kurt Mincin" <krmincin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "KEGS (Windows) SIG" <kegswindows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 20:32:53 -0700

I parititioned and formatted (FAT32 because I don't know how to do NTFS) my
hard drive and am trying to install the full version of windows xp home.  I was
told by the store where I bought it to set the boot sequence to the CD first in
BIOS, and then to boot from the XP CD.  When I try that, this message is
displayed:

"boot from ATAPI CD-ROM:
"no emulation".

"press any key to boot from CD..."

After a slight delay, the following message:

"invaild system disk"
"replace the disk, and then press any key".

I can access the CD and get a directory, so I don't know if the CD drive is the
issue or the windows xp cd is the issue.  It's an Aopen JustLink 24x10x40 CD-RW
(I think that's right).  Any ideas?

Kurt Mincin
http://www.myildportal.com
ref #: 1827854, pass: guest