[kegswindows] Re: configuring network

  • From: "Kurt Mincin" <krmincin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kegswindows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 23:59:37 -0700

David, I got a reply email from Netgear in which he says to "check with a
hardware vendor to assign a free IRQ of either 9, 10, or 11 to the PCI slot
where the NIC is being installed."  I got the cards from Hard Drives NW,
but they said that they don't support networking.  I emailed a reply to
Netgear tonight about this, but I wanted to ask you about it also.  It seems
a bit odd to not support something that you sell, but I bought all my
components for the computer from there because of the 1 year warranty.

Anyway, do these IRQ settings sound right?  Also, are the IRQs in Device
Manager the same as those in BIOS?