[kegswindows] Re: configuring network

  • From: "David M. Dodge" <daviddodge1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kegswindows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 09:53:51 -0700

Kurt,

That's a good indicator of machine problems.  when yoiu move the "bad card"
to another machine and it behaves normally and the "good card" becomes bad
in the other machine is a very good indicator of card chassis
incompatability.  I would check the BIOS on the suspect machine to see if it
has any network settings that may conflict or that it is restricting or
locking down the IRQ's on the PCI slots for legacy hardware.  You may have
to get another brand of NIC to try and see if that is an issue.  Without
benching the two together and seeing how they react, it cold be a
combination of hardware and software in settings for both.  Tough to tell,
you now know that both cards are good, now you need to investigate why the
one PC works with a NIC and the other one doesn't.
Good Luck,

David