[kegswindows] Re: configuring network

  • From: "David M. Dodge" <daviddodge1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kegswindows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 17:42:53 -0700

Kurt,
I would move the card to another PCI slot and if you get the same error on
the diagnostics, then the card has problems. The other thing to check is to
see if both cards are set to full duplex.  Are both cards the same brand and
are they both 10/100?  you may have a bad PCI slot or there is a PCI
conflict.  You may want to make sure in bios that you have not reserved all
the pci slots to ISA just in case. If the diagnostic utility can't see the
NIC then you ought to try another card altogether.  You can get NIC's for
aroung $20 so that shouln't kill the finances.  If the card is new, then get
a replacement at the store where you bought it.

David