[kegswindows] Re: configuring network

  • From: "David M. Dodge" <daviddodge1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kegswindows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 18:04:03 -0700

Kurt, The PCI Bridge is part of the chipset and will usually be provided by
the motherboard manufacturer on a series of disks and or a CD ROM.

Networking two PC's together is a pain.  Most use a hub or switch and it
makes things much easier.  Use a fixed IP address and the same subnet mask.
It sounds like the problem may be with the mainboard if you are having these
many problems related to connections and the nic works in another machine.
at this point I would locate all the original insatll disks and rebuild from
the ground up and then try the network piece again.

Get hardware working first, then get software working.  If hardware is good,
then take Gordon Morrow's idea of an XP upgrade seriously.

David