[kegswindows] Windows XP Remote Assistance

  • From: "Kurt Mincin" <krmincin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "KEGS (Windows) SIG" <kegswindows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 11:35:42 -0700

I would like to be able to remotely support the PCs of family and friends.  My
understanding is that Symantec PC Anywhere allows communication with one other
system per software package, whereas XP allows communication with any other XP
machine.  Is this correct?

I installed the XP Home edition and learned that it only allows you to ask for
assistance.  Is there a way to configure the Remote Assistance to control
another XP machine?

If I do need XP Pro to do this, can I reformat my drive for the Pro edition and
install the Home edition on another machine?

Thanks
Kurt
http://www.myildportal.com
ref #: 1827854, pass: guest