[kegswindows] Windows SIG this coming Tuesday, 8 October

  • From: "Clifford Olin" <cliff_olin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Windows SIG" <kegswindows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Seasig-Win95" <seasig-win95@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 20:09:42 -0700

And now for something different - Linux by a pro.

Dennis Krinke of BECS has volunteered, to do a Linux and Knoppix presentation
at the October 8th SIG meeting. Thanks to the dedicated, persistent and hard
work of our imaginative member, Jeff Brady, Dennis was enticed to provide what
should prove to be a very entertaining and informative session. Bring your
friends!

Dennis will bring his own machine since Jeff and I aspire to long, happy and
fulfilling lives. After discussing the installation on Linux on the lab's
roll-around computer with Joe, we felt those dreams could be in jeopardy
without a separate hardware platform. Many thanks are due Jeff for checking
this out well before the meeting so proper plans could be made. Joe has put far
too much work into the lab for any of us to have any interest in upsetting the
smooth operation now in effect.

This coming meeting will start with our usual hour of Q&A.

Meeting time and place: 7:00 PM, Room D, North Bellevue Community Center. Go to
WWW.KEGS.ORG for map and other neat stuff about our venue and opportunities.

Present and future topics include the following:
  a.  Power Toys for XP
  b.  XP Networking
  c.  Resources
  d.  UNIX
  e.  VB Scripting (e.g., Access)
  f.  Temp. Internet Cache on boot (Volunteer: Cliff Olin)
  g.  Security 64 bit, 128 bit
  h.  Windows Update Options
  i.  System Maintenance
  j.  System Optimization (cookies, defrag, registry, power tools) (Volunteer:
Dave Dodge)
  k. Voice Control (Volunteer: Cliff Morgan)
  l.  Handwriting
  m. Virus, Security, SPAM.

Feel free to forward this e-mail to anyone you feel might be interested in our
activities. The more folks who know about our club and participate the better
we get - more energy, presentations, ideas and credibility with vendors.

Remember, more attendees mean more energy, synergy, ideas and a lively,
interesting meeting. We welcome guests and help shy first timers who have a
burning question that they can't seem to get answered anywhere else.

Cliff