[kegswindows] Re: Win98-XP networking

  • From: Doug & Betty Pizac <pizac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddodge@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 22:45:57 -0600

David (or anyone)...

        Thanks! But now I'm only half way there.

        I added the NETBUEI protocol to my Win98 machine without a hitch.
However, the XP machine didn't come with a CD. The hard drive is
partitioned into C and D drives. The small D drive is a system recovery
copy. CompUSA had a pre-Memorial Day sale -- a Compaq Presario 2.7 mhz
for $245. I didn't know there wasn't a CD until I opened the box.

        If I find a friend who is running XP-Home and has a CD, will I be able
to pull the needed files off it even though the software serial numbers
won't match?

...Doug Pizac