[kegswindows] Re: Tracking system information

  • From: "Al Finegold" <afinegold@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <kegswindows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 11:39:17 -0700

Kurt,

A utility that I downloaded awhile ago and have used periodically,
especially to let me know what version of software is on my machine, is the
Belarc Advisor.  It also provides a lot of system hardware configuration
information, and should run fine from a floppy that calls on C:.  The
download link is http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html.

You might also try Google with the term "system configuration [or
information] utility" and see what comes up.  Or try the PC Magazine, PC
World, ZDnet, or similar websites.

Al--