[kegswindows] Seattle HTML SIG Meeting Announcement and change

  • From: Jack Beslanwitch <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kegswindows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 18:58:47 -0700

      This is to let everyone know that there has been a shift in the
scheduling for our June 26th meeting, 7:00 PM, of the Seattle HTML SIG at
the North Bellevue Community and Senior Center - 4063 148th Ave. NE,
Bellevue, WA  - Elf Sternberg will be giving his presentation on Python as
a scripting language for web design in July and not in June. Check for
further details on our web site at http://www.htmlsig.org

      Jack Beslanwitch, instead, will give a run down of the new features
of Macromedia Studio. If you are not aware of this awesome new upgrade, it
includes, Flash MX, Dreamweaver MX, Freehand MX, Fireworks MX and a
Developers Edition of Cold Fusion Server (PC Version Only). Given I did not
have the additional month of prep time to cover all of the new features, I
will basically concentrate on Dreamweaver MX and Fireworks MX as
collaborative tools for designiing a web site. The new Dreamweaver combines
features that were previously separately dispersed into Dreamweaver,
Dreamweaver UltraDev and Macromedia/Allaire Homesite. There will be
extensive discussion of the new common interface for both programs as well
as Flash and what this means for ease of design. The database features
formerly found in Dreamweaver UltraDev and now in Dreamweaver MX I will
save for a separate presentation in the future. I will note, however, that
Dreamweaver MX does include one of the most requested features for
UltraDev, support for PHP and MySQL.

      The Seattle HTML SIG was founded by jack Beslanwitch in 1995 to
celebrate the love of the design and creation of web content and web sites.
As the years have passed the range of subjects that fall under the umbrella
of the SIG have grown dramatically and we have gone from being a Northwest
PC User Group SIG, a stand alone and now a KEGS SIG. We are a friendly
group that range from novices to experts. We have meetings at the North
Bellevue Community Senior Center, 4063 148th Ave. NE, Bellevue, WA on the
fourth Wednesday of the month at 7:00 PM. Again, check the web site for a
map and directions to the meeting. Hope to see you there.
http://www.htmlsig.org

Jack Beslanwitch
Domain Name Hosting | Web Design | Graphic Design | Flash
Web Witchery Consulting http://www.webwitch.com |
http://www.webwitch.com/resume/
or some of our sites include: http://www.sfnorthwest.org |
http://www.norwescon.org