[kegswindows] NETWORK IS WORKING!!

  • From: "Kurt Mincin" <krmincin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "KEGS (Windows) SIG" <kegswindows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 22:00:32 -0700

Well, I got my network to work!  The computers are talking to each other
(Windows XP and 98).  It was a security setting in ZoneAlarm (a personal
firewall).  I was looking at the World of Windows Networking (WWW.WOWN.COM --
one of the sites which both Netgear and Linksys referred me to) site, and it
has real helpful troubleshooting (though a bit cluttered).  I had looked at the
same troubleshooting page before, but it didn't register in my mind.

Wow, what a great moment!  Now I can learn more about networking and even about
Remote Assistance in XP.

Thanks so much David Dodge and the others who responded.

Kurt Mincin
http://www.myildportal.com
ref #: 1827854, pass: guest