[kegswindows] Fw: New Mailing list for SIG and meeting announcement

  • From: "cliffordolin" <cliffordolin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Windows SIG" <kegswindows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 03:17:11 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: cliffordolin
To: Seasig-Win95
Sent: Sunday, June 09, 2002 7:05 AM
Subject: New Mailing list for SIG and meeting announcement

I have initiated a new list for the Windows SIG based upon a request from Al.
Our long-standing host, NW Nexus, of the seasig-win95 list is sending signals
that they may no longer be willing to support our list as a community service
has prompted this action.

Our new list address is kegswindows@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx I'll continue to post the
same meeting announcements to both lists until things sort out. Please use the
freelists.org list for your postings in reference to our SIG.  Any questions,
just send me an e-mail direct.

Now for my usual meeting announcement

Just a reminder -our usual Windows SIG will be happening this coming Tuesday,
June 11.
Run, walk, drive, fly, peddle, paddle or swim but be there.

This coming meeting will start with our usual hour of Q&A.  The night's
presentation is still in flux. Recall that subjects we want to explore
this year include:
    a.. Power Toys for Windows XP
    b.. Windows XP Networking
    c.. Resources
    d.. UNIX
    e.. V-B scripting
    f.. Temp Internet Cache on boot
    g.. Security, 64 bit and 128 bit
    h.. Windows update options
    i.. System Maintenance and optimization (Cookies, Defrag. Registry)
(Dave Dodge plans to cover this)
    j.. Voice Control/Handwriting (Cliff Morgan plans to cover this)
    k.. The Ideal System
    l.. Spam
If anyone is ready to speak on one of the above topics tomorrow feel free
to step forward, earn fame and fortune (at leat 200 kegabucks) and do your
fellow users a favor. Please consider selecting a meeting over the next
several months to lead a discussion on one of these topics.

Bring your friends and co-workers. Remember, more attendees mean more
energy, synergy, ideas and a lively, interesting meeting. We welcome
guests and help shy first timers who have a burning question that they
can't seem to get answered anywhere else.

Meeting time and place: 7:00 PM, Room D, North Bellevue Community Center.
Go to WWW.KEGS.ORG for map and other neat stuff about our venue and
opportunities.

Cliff