[kegswindows] Cell spacing in Excel?

  • From: "Nice Guy" <phozar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "KEGS" <kegswindows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 16:58:34 -0800

Was wondering if any Office 2000 users can enlighten me on how, or if it is
possible, to set the cell margins in an Excel spreadsheet?

I know with Word, you can key in numerical values in the 'cell spacing
dialog box' to space the cell text a set distance from the top, bottom,
left, and right side. This spacing of the text, away from the table grid
lines, produces an easier reading table of text.

In Excel, the row height and column width can be set; however, I can't find
any way to space the cell text away from the cell borders? Some text needs
to be right-aligned (e.g. accounting numbers) and the text is so close to
the spreadsheet grid line, that reading the content is more difficult.

Thanks for your suggestions,

Phil
PHOZAR-at-GTE-dot-NET