[kegswindows] Ad-Aware

  • From: "David C Abernathy" <davea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kegswindows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 08:23:52 -0800

Here's a comment posted 2002/12/25 on the Lavasoft site in the forum:
'To all,
It has become apparent that many people are concerned with the lack of
updates for Ad-aware 5.83. We acknowledge this and apologize for any
inconvenience this may have caused. The reasons for this are as follows:
1) The 5x engine is old and to keep ahead of our target base needs to be
replaced. Are we saying it is bad or ineffective? No. But to effectively =
and
safely remove many new targets and those older ones, which have
changed/mutated, we would need to do a major upgrade of 5.83 and it's
reference file as well.
2) The 5x engine (in its current configuration) cannot handle many of =
the
new targets correctly. As stated in #1, the entire Ad-aware executable =
would
need to be rewritten.
3) We have been hard at work on that very upgrade, but where this is
different is in WHAT we are upgrading to. As many of you already know, =
we
are/were working on version 6. It is an entirely new application; more
powerful, expandable, configurable, and to be quite honest, light years
ahead of version 5.83. We decided that any further upgrades beyond 5.83
would be more of a waste of time than productive as the coding work for
version 6 was already underway. We therefore decided to place all of our
efforts into the new version.
4) As with any endeavor started from scratch, we ran into several delays =
and
complications as proposed features didn't work correctly or were not
compatible with the new version. We apologize for the delays but they =
were
unavoidable.=20

We are however notifying you (our customers and the general public) that =
we
have entered into the late stages of beta testing. Except for some minor
polishing and some last minute initial bug fixes, we are nearly done and
should be ready to release Ad-aware 6 to our customers mid January 2003 =
and
to our freeware users at the beginning of February 2003. Please be =
patient
and we are confident that when you see what we have to offer you will
understand AND appreciate the time taken to make it the best solution
available! "

Thanks,
David C Abernathy
Windows XP associate eXPert=20
DaveA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

=3D=3D All outgoing mail is scanned by Norton AntiVirus 2003 =3D=3D