[kayalvizhijayavel.jayavel] Plan for the next 2 days

  • From: Kayalvizhi Jayavel <kayalvizhijayavel.jayavel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kayalvizhijayavel.jayavel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 20:36:14 +0530

Dear Students
I heard some of you have completed Lab8 successfully with the kit....Very
good....

*Tomorrows plan*
Please do some homework today that will enhance your productivity
tomorrow..:-)
1. Discussion on Traffic light Controller ...Deriving at STG/STT...and
Deriving a working code and Checking the code on both Simulation and Kit...
2. Making the platform set for ROBO CAR design
3. Understanding little about Sound (Buzzer)(if time permits)

*Saturday plan*
A test is planned with all the inputs given till now...The students who get
70% and above their certificates will have "Distinction" mentioned..
Discussion, feedback and suggestions and flawless easy implementation
models are welcome of how to make our club self-sustained and purposeful to
all of them who is part of it and to all of them who are around us...
All the Best...

Be fearless that is the only secret of all successful people...And the way
you get rid of fear is by doing the thing which makes your
fearful...Believe me Fear is just a mindset..Expecting you all to face the
test with confidence and with joy..

Also attaching Lab 8 Question for more clarity which may help some of you
who have still not completed..
PREPARATION

You will need a LaunchPad, a switch, a 10kΩ resistor, an LED, and a 470Ω
resistor.
 STARTER PROJECT

Lab8_SwitchLEDinterface
PURPOSE

Lab 8 is our first lab requiring you to build circuits on the breadboard
and connect them to the LaunchPad. The purpose of this lab is to learn how
to interface a switch and an LED. You will perform explicit measurements on
the circuits in order to verify they are operational and to improve your
understanding of how they work.
 SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

In this lab you will build a switch interface that implements positive
logic, and you will build an LED interface that implements positive logic.
You will attach this switch and LED to your protoboard (the white piece
with all the holes), and interface them to your TM4C123. Overall
functionality of this system is similar to Lab 6, with five changes: 1) the
pin to which we connect the switch is moved to PE0, 2) you will have to
remove the PUR initialization because pull up is no longer needed. 3) the
pin to which we connect the LED is moved to PE1, 4) the switch is changed
from negative to positive logic, and 5) you should decrease the delay so it
flashes about 5 Hz. To flash at 5 Hz means the LED comes on 5 times per
second. If the switch is pressed we turn on the LED for 100 ms, turn off
the LED for 100 ms, and repeat.
*1) Make PE1 an output and make PE0 an input. *
*2) The system starts with the LED on (make PE1 =1). *
*3) Wait about 100 ms*
*4) If the switch is pressed (PE0 is 1), then toggle the LED once, else
turn the LED on. *
*5) Steps 3 and 4 are repeated over and over.*

--
Kayalvizhi Jayavel
Assistant Professor