[kanchilug] conducted-programming-bootcamp-at-kanchilug

  • From: Arulalan T <arulalant@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: KanchiLug <kanchilug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ILUG-C <ilugc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, chennaipy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 18:44:17 +0530

Dear Frineds,

Greetings.

Some days ago, In KanchiLUG weekly meet, Shrinivasan.T bought a
thought of running a camp on open source programming in kanchipuram.

As usual we all of us said, "Why not ?".

We formed Teams.
Topics and Persons were assigned by ourself.
Searched for Place – Got it at Sakthi ITI, Kanchipuram
Prepared and Followed up each speaker for his self learn and practice
for bootcamp.
Printed Pamphlet for the bootcamp [1] and spread via newspapers.
Got nice registrations. Planned for 40. But got 25. Fair.
Searched for Projector. Thyagu, Mangal Sundar(IIT), Kannan(IIT)
sponsored a projector [2].

we conducted bootcamp for 6 Days, Different speakers, Different Topics.

Linux Intro
Html, Javascript,CSS
PHP
Ruby
Python
MySQL, Postgresql
SVN

Here are the day reports.
Day-1  http://kanchilug.wordpress.com/2010/05/31/boot-camp-1-day-1/
Day-2  http://kanchilug.wordpress.com/2010/06/01/boot-camp-1-day-2/
Day-3  http://kanchilug.wordpress.com/2010/06/02/boot-camp-1-day-3/
Day-4  http://kanchilug.wordpress.com/2010/06/03/boot-camp-1-day-4/
Day-5  http://kanchilug.wordpress.com/2010/06/04/boot-camp-1-day-5/
Day-6  http://kanchilug.wordpress.com/2010/06/05/boot-camp-1-day-6/

This is our first boot camp.
There are so many upcoming activities in KanchiLUG and this is just a start.

we learned a lot from this bootcamp-1 as speakers and organizers.

Proud to be a part of the wonderful team.

[1] http://kanchilug.wordpress.com/2010/05/14/kanchilug-bootcamp-1/
[2]
http://kanchilug.wordpress.com/2010/05/18/got-projector-by-sponsor-to-conduct-bootcamp-1/

--