[kanchilug] Help to know about these errors

  • From: rajesh ss <rajipce@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kanchilug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 12:24:41 -0400

Hello everybody!

I using ubuntu 8.10 for past three months, learning how to work in linux
environment..  There are some questions to ask to clarify my doubts!

1.while mounting the disk drives, it shows some error first, on the second
click only it opens.  The error message is

unable to mount
 internal error: no mount object for mounted volume

2.In this version, i can't get the desktop features properly. When I
searched for the settings by the way,

System->preference->Qt 4 setting

there is only limited settings are available. What type of package I should
install to get advanced desktop features?

3.While downloading ubuntu 10.4 this morning, it shows totally 669MB
initially. But after 445MB complete downloading it sent message as "download
completed" . What may be the chance for error?

Thank you in advance!

regards,
rajesh

mail id: rajipce@xxxxxxxxx