[kanchilug] 100th weekly meet celebration of KanchiLUG

  • From: logesh prabu <logeshgentle1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: KLUG <kanchilug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 10:27:43 +0530 (IST)

Date : 07/08/11 Week : 100 People :20

Time : 3.30 pm to 6.00 pm

Location : Shri Narayana Guru  Matriculation School

Attendees
 : Ramya, Kavitha, Dhanalakshmi, Logeshwari, Venkatesh,  Manimaran,
Sathishkumar, Balaji, Praveen, yasirarafath, Mohan, Shanmugasundaram,
Rajkumar, Srinivasan, Selvamani, Saravanan, Devakarthi, Saravanaraj and
Logeshprabu(myself)

New Attendees : Arun - working as a Software tester in VRVinfootech,
Kanchipuram.

The
 Kanchi Linux User Group celebrated his 100th weekly meet on last week
sunday. we were planned to celebrate it in grand manner and we decided
to give a presentation about history of KanchiLUG. so,
Shanmugam,Rajkumar,selvamani and myself prepare presentation contain 80
slides for it. The presentation work was keep going on up to 3.00pm.
Then we move to shri narayanaguru school to make an arragement for the
LUG meet and start the presentation on 3.30pm onwards. There were 20
people participated in this week meet.

   Mr.Selvamani initiate
the 100th week meet by describing about what is LUG(Linux User Group)?
and what are all the activities and purpose of it.

   After that
 myself starts the presentation of about History of Kanchi Linux User
Group. i remembered, How was the Idea cultivated to begin the LUG in
Kanchipuram?, who were the insperation for it?, where we start our
journey? and some of the initial day memories of KanchiLUG meets.

 Then Mr.RajKumar continue the presentation by sharing memories of
Various programs conducted and participated by us in other colleges,
Ubuntu Tamil manual release, Boot camps conducted by us, some of the
minor acheivement by us and our goals of the year.

  Then
Mr.Shrinivasan gave the finishing touch to the presentation by
remembering his experiance with KanchiLUG and encourage the members to
contribute FOSS activities.

  Finally, myself address the vote of thanks to all supporters and our well
wishers. specially to

God,
 not only for his grace and also for providing place for our initial
days LUG meets. because we conducted our KanchiLUG meets in temple for
nearly one year in the past.

owner of <b>Siva Kalvi Nilayam

HCL Technologies Training center</b>, Kanchipuram

our friend Dhastha's parents for the cooperation to conduct KanchiLUG meet in
their home.

Sri Narayanaguru Marticulation School Management

  At last we celebrate the 100th weekly meet by cutting the cake and distribute
to all members.

  Mr.Mohan take snaps during the function held on by his digital cam.

Here is the link for it,

https://picasaweb.google.com/116408724913424513110/Kanchilug100thWeek

KanchiLUG blog:

http://kanchilug.wordpress.com