[kag] Re: lighthouse cache, and others

  • From: "Bob Connelly" <swimmrguy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 22:11:33 -0400

I have been thinking of Little Cat, and I had emailed the CA asking about
it.  However, I never heard a response.  I would think they'd be OK with it,
as one of their newsletters said that a geocaching seminar was hosted in one
of the other Cat Authority conservation areas.

But there's another question.  Under the most recent cache placement
guidelines, the section under "Commercial Caches" says:

Commercial caches attempt to use the Geocaching.com web site cache reporting
tool directly or indirectly (intentionally or non-intentionally) to solicit
customers through a Geocaching.com listing. These are NOT permitted.
Examples include for-profit locations that require an entrance fee, or
locations that sell products or services.

Given that Little Cat does charge an entrance fee, is that now off limits?

Bob

On 5/11/07, Lloyd Baker <binrat@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ok, my bad, but Cataraqui Cemetary is a wonderful place to take a stroll
and
see a bit of history.

I suppose you could reference a website to answer questions about the
cemetary and then place the cache in a park not too far away.

I do notice that Little Cataraqui Creek Conservation Area has no caches, I
have no problem dealing with the CA in Brockville, just keep the cache
within one or two steps of the trail.

Binrat