[kag] Re: [kag]

  • From: Hoover <mlehotay@xxxxxxx>
  • To: kag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 15:32:15 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Helen Baker wrote:

My e-trex legend and I are not getting along. 1) turn it on 2) whack it on something hard to get the buttons working

We are now good to go and if I remember correctly, it will work till I turn if off, then we repeat steps 1 & 2.

The rubber binding/bumper/seal (?) along the outside of my etrex summit has come unstuck. Probably the glue melted in the heat of the glove compartment. Anyway, The rubber buttons on the side of the unit aren't always lined up with the pressure points underneath and pressing the buttons sometimes has no effect. I have to make sure the rubber seal is lined up properly first, and then it's easier to use.

I'm not sure what your problem could be, but I hope this helps a bit.

If your problem is electronic, then maybe you have a loose connection somewhere inside. If so, I think your only option would be to send the unit in for repair.

Hoover