[kag] in-dash gps systems

  • From: Hoover <mlehotay@xxxxxxx>
  • To: kag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 08:22:47 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

My brother and sister-in-law are buying a new car and they're thinking of getting the in-dash gps option. I've told them that handheld gps receivers are better since you can take them into the woods with you, but they want one that will never get misplaced or have its batteries run out, just for navigating while driving.

Does anybody have any experience with in-dash gps systems? Do you get a choice of which brand or model gets installed? What happens when the gps tells you to drive along one route and you know of a better one? Are there any particular features they should watch out for?

Thanks,
Hoover