[kag] Re: gps questions

  • From: "Lloyd Baker" <binrat@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 16:41:14 -0500

They said it all, so I will throw in a few points.

My 60CSx came with a 64meg card which I upgraded to 1 Gig, this allowed me to
put a TON of maps in for the following areas.

Ontario - TOPO & Metroguide - All of the southern portion of Ontario from
Quebec to Windsor up to Sault Saint Marie
Quebec - TOPO & Metroguide - Western half for trips to just beyond Montreal to
Marin Heights all up to Deep River Depot
New York - TOPO & Metroguide - All of Northern New York

Plus

I also added a huge swath for a trip from Hamilton to North Carolina which
included runs through Pensylvania, West Virginia, Virgina, North Carolina,
Maryland and District of Columbia.

And I still had room for TOPO USA if I wanted to add them.

This is a bonus for road trips, but most GPS's only allow for 1000 waypoints,
but there is a way around it.

Colour is so much nicer than geyscale.

With the 60 series you can turn off all the maps or select which ones you want
to avoid clutter.

Binrat