[kag] Re: GPS accuracy?

  • From: Graeme Watson <Graeme.Watson@xxxxxx>
  • To: kag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 09:59:26 -0400

Both the 320 and the 60CS have showed the right speed for my van, so I
suspect it may be your car.  My Honda is off the road because we cannot
afford to insure it (damn Ontario insurance weenies), so I have not
check it against a GPSr.  I however have previously check the Honda
odometer against a measured kilometre, and the odometer measures a
shorter kilometre which would translate into a higher indicated speed.
Honda plot, or cultural calibration difference?  You are welcome to
borrow my GPSr and check, maybe when we are racing to Ambitious Snorkeler.
......G