[kag] Doh!

  • From: Hoover <mlehotay@xxxxxxx>
  • To: kag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 12:06:19 -0400 (EDT)

Root and I spent yesterday afternoon hiding a multicache in a very
beautiful part of Frontenac Park. There is an official Rideau Trail
parking spot to leave your car, and the hike is just under 12km round
trip. The three film cannister micros containing the redirects are all in
scenic spots with grand views of the surrounding area, and the cache
itself is next to a waterfall.

In the car as we were driving home, feeling exhausted and very happy, I
suddenly remembered that new caches are not being approved on Parks
Ontario land. Arrrgggghhhh. Do I feel stupid, or what?

I was going to email cache-tech just to make sure, but it says right on
his geocaching.com profile that he won't approve caches in Ontario Parks.
Oh well. If anybody wants to go in and bring the cache back, you won't be
disappointed with the scenery. Otherwise, Root and I will go and clean
everything up ourselves. Maybe next weekend, or the one after. Perhaps we
can move it to a nearby trail that meanders in and out of Frontenac Park,
and put the cache on the outside.

Hoover