[kag] Re: Bones

  • From: Graeme Watson <Graeme.Watson@xxxxxx>
  • To: kag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 09:53:33 -0500

Looking at the centre of push pins on a map is the traditional way of
geographically profiling.  Dr. Kim Rossmo formerly a detective inspector
with the Vancouver Police Dept. has pioneered the use of GIS for
profiling.  The algorithm he developed takes into account all sorts of
germane factors and does not simple identify the centre of mass.  These
are factors such as traffic patterns (escape) comfort zones, and,
social-economic factors.  He is quite famous in the Geomatics world, and
now runs a private consulting firm which is the go to firm used by
police around the world. Koopy take note.
RS

P.S. Centre of mass would put Bluelamb's home in the middle of the North
Atlantic.