[kada] Re: KASF Scholarship

  • From: "alvinro@xxxxxxxxxxx"<alvinro@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kada@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 05:07:50 -0400

I'm in too!

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

-----Original message-----
From: Edward Chun <edwardchun@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: kada@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, Sep 12, 2013 04:26:02 GMT+00:00
Subject: [kada] KASF Scholarship

Dear KADA Members,

As most of you know, I have been quite active with the Korean American
Scholarship Foundation (KASF) for the past 14 years.  I serve as the Chair
of the Scholarship Selection Committee for our region.  KASF is a needs
based national scholarship program that has been handing out scholarships to
worthy Korean-American students that are in financial need for the past 46
years.

This year, KASF will hand out over a $110,000 in scholarship money.  Among
the recipients this year were three dental students.  They were:

Jessica Liu - a freshman at University of Louisville School of Dentistry

Min Jung Kim - a freshman at University of Pennsylvania Dental School

Chris Kim - a sophomore at University of Pennsylvania Dental School

KASF will be holding their annual Awards Banquet on Sunday, September 22nd,
2013 to recognize and present the scholarships to this year's recipients.
Chris Kim will be coming down from Philadelphia and will be in attendance.
I think it would be extra special if we could present Chris with a KADA
Scholarship  which goes to the top dental student and have one of our KADA
members go on stage to present him with his award.  The scholarship is for
$2,000.  If KADA does not want to donate, Chris will receive one of the
general scholarships for KASF.

Since we do not have a lot of extra funds in our KADA account, I think it
would be better for 10 of us to donate $200 each to come up with the $2,000
for our KADA designated scholarship that will be presented at the KASF
Awards Banquet.  The checks are tax deductible and should be made out to
KADA and given to Maggie at our meeting this Friday or mailed to her office
address.  Maggie will then cut one check to KASF in KADA's name.  Thanks for
your consideration.

I'm in, who's with me?

Ed