[kada] Re: KASF Scholarship

  • From: "Edward Chun" <edwardchun@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kada@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 14:04:17 -0400

Thanks John.  Only 4 more needed.

From: kada-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:kada-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
PDC FAIRFAX
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 1:22 PM
To: kada@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [kada] Re: KASF Scholarship

Hello Ed,

Sure, I will participate.

John Han, DDS

Pediatric Dental Care

10614 Warwick Avenue

Suite B

Farifax, VA 22030

(703) 383-3434

--- On Tue, 8/11/09, Edward Chun <edwardchun@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Edward Chun <edwardchun@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [kada] KASF Scholarship
To: kada@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 10:05 PM

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all having a great summer.  As many of you know, one of our
members, Dr. Patrick Lee, is the current President of the Korean American
Scholarship Foundation (KASF).  KASF hands out over $100,000 a year in
scholarship money to deserving students that have a financial need.  The
scholarships are handed out during a very nice awards banquet that will be held
on Sept. 13, 2009.  The Korean Medical Association (KMA) hands out a designated
scholarship to the top medical student each year.  I would like it if KADA
could donate a designated scholarship to the top dental student during the
awards banquet.   The amount of the KADA scholarship will be $1500.  Since I do
not want to use the money in our KADA account to fund this scholarship, I would
like to ask for 10 dentists to donate $150 each to establish this scholarship.
If you are interested in helping out, please let me know then send a check for
$150 to our Treasurer Dr. Maggie Pak.  She will cut the check to KASF.  Thank
you in advance for your help in this matter.

Also, a reminder that our next KADA general meeting will be on Thursday,
September 24th so please mark your calendars and plan to attend.

I’m in for the KADA scholarship so we will need 9 more people.  Thanks.

Ed