[KACT] Re: spelling

  • From: David Kadavy <dkadavy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 06 Sep 2006 11:32:42 -0500

The first factor is we have as educators allowed this to take place.  You as an
instructor set the standards for your classroom and have expectations that
students will reach.  Correctly spelling words is not that high an expectation.
 Not all communications will have a mechanism to catch this for the student and
this can lead to a misinterpretation of what is meant.  Don't we as chemistry
instructors depend on the proper communications for formulas for compounds or
equations?  Why should we expect anything less?  I too  will take off for
incorrect spelling to some degree.

David Kadavy
Republic County High School