[KACT] sharing & presenting

  • From: "Deters, Kelly" <DetersK@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "KACT (E-mail)" <kact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 10:33:20 -0600

If you have good things to share--links, worksheets, labs, assessments--share
them!  Send them to me and I'll put them on the website.  So many teachers look
for new and fresh ideas and even though you may not think your stuff is
outstanding, it may be new and different to someone else!

Also, we're talking with KATS about hosting a chemistry-strand at KATS Kamp
this fall.  The bonus for us is that we'll have an existing infrastructure to
work with and allow us to gain new members.  The bonus for them is that it may
draw more chemistry teachers to KATS Kamp as it would increase the chemistry
offerings significantly.  If you're interested in presenting let me know, or if
you're interested in attending and have ideas that you'd like to see
presentations about let me know that too and we'll try to find people to
present on that topic!  We talked about having it all on one day to allow for
those that only want to come for one day and hit the KACT sponsored activities
and then they could stick around for the second day or go home if they need to
(family, etc.).  How does all of this sound to people?  Of course, it's still
all pending working it out with KATS...but I thought I'd check to see if people
would be interested!

Kelly Deters
detersk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx