[KACT] Inquiry Resource

  • From: "Trina Adams" <tadams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 13:03:53 -0500

tadams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't know about you but I have had a hard time working inquiry into my
curriculum. When I would go to a workshop the topic would swing toward
inquiry in the elementary setting.  So, I purchased a book called Teaching
Inquiry Based Chemistry: Student-Led Scientific Communities.  ISBN #
0-325-00671-7

It is geared toward high school chemistry, is only 118 pages, gets to the
point, and gives suggested activities for units.  The authors are realistic
in that they realize inquiry and teacher led instruction need to be
balanced.  You may choose not to implement the full strategy but there may
be bits and pieces that would fit your style.

Trina Adams

Chemistry/Physics

Marysville High School

785 562 5386