[KACT] Re: Getting students to participate

  • From: "London Reif" <lreif@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 09:39:57 -0500

I do the white board thing too, and it is a great way to get kids involved.

>>> Paul Ogle <pogle@xxxxxxxxxx> 8/23/2006 9:19 AM >>>
Small group activity using little white boards and markers usually help mine
get to where they will answer.  Also, we do something called PBS and give
support like tootsie rolls for answering, either right or wrong.   After a
while they will pipe in and feel comfortable enough to interact.

I hope that helps.

Paul