[KACT] Finals & Students

  • From: "Deters, Kelly" <DetersK@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "KACT (E-mail)" <kact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 11:00:40 -0600

I was just curious, what do others give as their "final"?

I used to give 75 MC questions (the only time I do MC) and let them use a
notecard.
Now I give half that many questions and they use the front side of a piece of
paper.

I've found my students less and less able to perform well on finals, even
though their performance and effort throughout the course hasn't had the same
problem (especially the last two years when I redesigned my course--now their
effort and interest is greater than in the past).

I also used to give them 2-3 days in class to prepare for it, but over the
years they did less preparing and more wasting time...now I just give 1 day and
even that gets wasted!

Anyone else have the same problem with finals?  I know it's that time of
year...but it seems to be getting worse over the years! :)

Kelly
detersk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx