[kaanalnet-discuss] Re: Interested in Contributing to your project

  • From: Bharath Ram Chandrasekar <chandrasekar.b@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kaanalnet-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 23:21:11 +0530

Hi Suresh,

I will definitely let you know .

Thanks for the support again.

Bharath Ram

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 10:56 PM, suresh kumar <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi Bharath,

Ok.. Let me know if you need any help.

I hope, next week you can get in to the actual work.

thanks
suresh.

On Thursday, 15 October 2015 5:58 PM, Bharath Ram Chandrasekar <
chandrasekar.b@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for the support and help.

This is more than enough, I will start working on ODL integration.

I am still getting hands on the Kaanal Net.

I have no experiece with JSON as such( So just getting used to it)

Thanks,

Bharath Ram

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 9:47 AM, suresh kumar <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

Hi Bharath,

I think, for your university project you can do "OpenDayLight L2 Switch
application testing with KaanalNet Test Bed"

1. Download the user guide from the below link,
https://www.opendaylight.org/software/downloads/lithium-sr1

2. In the User Guide, Chapter 11 - L2 Switch User Guide,
You can do this feature integration testing as your project.

I will guide you and provide the support for completion.
Also, i am expecting documentation from you for this activity which will
be published in the KaanalNet portal.

Thanks
suresh.

On Friday, 9 October 2015 3:00 PM, Bharath Ram Chandrasekar <
chandrasekar.b@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Suresh,

Thanks so much for your help. will definitely get an hands on and get back
to you.

Regards,

Bharath Ram

On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 5:14 AM, suresh kumar <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi Bharath,

Thanks for your interest.

Please make sure, you get hands on the KaanalNet.
I mean, install it and exercises the examples mentioned in the WiKI (SDN &
Traditional network examples).

I am looking for support in the following areas,
1. QA
a . evaluate the various test scenarios (various topologies, features
mentioned, etc) and report the bugs/issues in github.
2. Integration with SDN controllers
a. testing with POX/RYU/ODL, for different use cases

3. Documentation.

Once you get the handson, let me know, i will guide you.

thanks
suresh.

On Friday, 9 October 2015 2:34 PM, Bharath Ram Chandrasekar <
chandrasekar.b@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello ,

This is Bharath Ram a graduate student from Northeastern University,
Boston.

I just went through the project on github and thought I would want to
contribute.
Kindly let me know the areas I could be of use to the project.

I am good with python and also have a fair knowledge about Open flow
protocol.

Thanks,

Bharath Ram