Rosa Parks passed

  • From: Educational CyberPlayGround <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: K12NewsLetters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 09:31:41 -0400

K12 Newsletters Mailing List
- Subscribe - Unsubscribe - Set Preferences

Educational CyberPlayGround Community Mailing Lists
Advertise K12 Newsletters Guidlines

Please share widely,

Sorry to say . . Rosa Parks passed away.

Rosa Parks The Woman Who Changed a Nation By Kira Albin, interview conducted in 1996 Photos courtesy of Monica Morgan Photography and ZondervanPublishingHouse

When Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat to a white man forty years ago
on December 1, 1955, she was tired and weary from a long day of work.
At least that's how the event has been retold countless times and recorded
in our history books. But, there's a misconception here that does not do
justice to the woman whose act of courage began turning the wheels of the
civil rights movement on that fateful day.
Rosa Parks was physically tired, but no more than you or I after a long
day's work. In fact, under other circumstances, she would have probably
given up her seat willingly to a child or elderly person. But this time
Parks was tired of the treatment she and other African Americans received
every day of their lives, what with the racism, segregation, and Jim Crow
laws of the time.

Jim Crow

Come listen all you galls and boys I's jist from Tuckyhoe,
I'm going to sing a little song, my name's Jim Crow,
Weel about and turn about and do jis so,
Eb'ry time I weel about and jump Jim Crow. <snip>

Learn about the amazing origins of "Jim Crow", how it became part of the
language, and the name for racist laws and attitudes used to oppress blacks
in the Southern United States in the 19th and 20th Centuries. You'll be
shocked to learn the truth of it's origins.

Yahoo News
Google News

Copyright statements to be included when reproducing
annotations from K12 Newsletter

The single phrase below is the copyright notice to be used when
reproducing any portion of this report, in any format:
K12 Newsletter copyright