• From: Educational CyberPlayGround <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: K12NewsLetters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 20:47:51 -0400

K12 Newsletters Mailing List
Subscribe - Unsubscribe - Set Preferences

Educational CyberPlayGround Community Mailing Lists

Advertise K12 Newsletters Guidelines

********************************************************************* PLEASE ADD YOUR K12 SCHOOL OR SCHOOL DISTRICT TO THE MASTER DIRECTORY OF SCHOOLS ONLINE

The registry is organized by state and by grade level.
The registry also includes sites for charter Schools, virtual schools,
school districts, state and regional education organizations, state
departments of education, state standards and state administrators.

To read these and other news briefs in their entirety,

October 15, 2006 Issue 172

"We can't change what has happened,
but we can change the future for ourselves, for our children
and for those yet to come. And we can hold onto those values
that were handed down from generation to generation." Tony Incashola, Flathead

<<<>>><<<>>>OPPORTUNITIES HIGHLIGHTS<<<>>><<<>>>
Native Teens, Who We Are
OSU Native American High School Weekend
1st National Native American Fatherhood Conference
Tribal and Indigenous Early Childhood Network Conference
American Indian Services Scholarships
Survey of Distance Education in American Indian Communities
American Indian College Fund seeking art donations
Indigenous Music and Our Realities, Possibilities, Encounters, and Remembrances

The Educational CyberPlayGround provides K-12 interdisciplinary,
multicultural, collaborative, online, thematic curriculum modules
for schools, home schooled, and learning centers. Gain access
to individual curricula and tools. It's easy for beginners to start.

First Nation Resources

<<<>>><<<>>>WEBSTE HIGHLIGHTS<<<>>><<<>>><<
Migratory Bird Podcasts
Indian Language Toys for Native American Kids
E Ola Ka '0lelo Hawai'i
Ohio Valley Dyes
Strange and Sacred Noise
Native American Holocaust Museum
Air Pollution on California Indian Reservations
Historical Overview of the Relationship between the Federal Government
and American Indians
The Song My Paddle Sings

<<<>>><<<>>> NEW <<<>>><<<>>><<
1970-2005 Indigenous Languages in Mexico
Washington  Monthly's top 100 colleges national Rankings
A Second Chance for a Miracle
October 2006: Message from Chief Arvol Looking Horse
Lakota Spiritual Leader Issues Call to Sacred Pipe Carriers and to Humanity
October: This Week in Native American History

<<<>>><<<>>> SPECIAL FEATURES <<<>>><<<>>><<
Mandatory criteria for Federal acknowledgment of an Indian Nation
The Kingdom of Hawaii Announces Secession
Native Food Information
Papal Bull, Columbus Day and European Invasion
Petition for American Indian Day
In Honor of Vine Deloria
Percent of Population Under Age 18 that is American Indian or Alaska
Native Alone

The dominant society teaches us to be in front, be aggressive...Our culture teaches us not to compete but to cooperate with each other, to find balance [and] unity. We go as fast as the slowest person. The warriors need to lead from the back. ~ Phillip Whiteman, Northern Cheyenne

NATIVE VILLAGE PUBLICATIONS is a website and newsletter which informs and celebrates the education, values, traditions, and accomplishments of Americas' First Peoples. Some articles presented in NATIVE VILLAGE NEWS and at our NATIVE VILLAGE WEBSITE may contain copyrighted material. We have received appropriate permissions for republishing any articles. Material appearing here is distributed without profit or monetary gain to those who have expressed an interest. This is in accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107. © Gina Boltz All Rights Reserved.

Copyright statements to be included when reproducing
annotations from K12 Newsletter

The single phrase below is the copyright notice to be used when reproducing any portion of this report, in any format:

K12 Newsletter copyright