[ECP] La Mura Film Festival

  • From: Educational CyberPlayGround <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: K12NewsLetters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 04:00:00 -0400

DIGITAL DIVIDE
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Teachers/digitaldivide.html

We have an emerging gap between "connected"
and "well-connected" kids.
Digital Divide recommended by PBS

La Mura Film Festival

In collaboration with Teja Arboleda, (Ethnic Man, Entertaining Diversity, Inc.), we are proud to offer the First Annual La Mura Film Festival for teams of student film makers. We are calling for submission of short 4-8 minute videos, fiction or nonfiction--original, student made films/videos that tell stories about your community with respect to race, ethnicity, culture, gender, poverty, religion, immigration, or other multicultural content.There are middle, high school and college categories, and the submission dates are June 1 or August 15. Winners will be screened at the annual National NAME conference in November, in Baltimore.

There is additional information on the NAME website:
http://www.nameorg.org, and
http://www.entertainingdiversity.com
Please email us with Questions or for technical info.

If you have any networks, bulletin boards, professional groups, etc.
where we should be posting this announcement, please let me know or forward it on to them, if you would!

Tasha Lebow
University of Michigan Programs for Educational Opportunity
1005 School of Education
Ann Arbor MI  48109
PH: 734.763.9910
FAX: 734.763.2137

President, 2005-2007 NAME: National Association for Multicultural Education <http://www.nameorg.org>www.nameorg.org

MARK YOUR CALENDAR: NAME's 17th Annual Conference, Oct. 31-Nov. 4, 2007 Baltimore, MD: "Charting the Course for Excellence and Equity with Multicultural Learning Communities". Check the web site for details: <http://www.nameorg.org>www.nameorg.org