[ECP] K-12 Newsletters Help: Oil Spill Animal Relief

  • From: "K.E." <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: K12NewsLetters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 11:08:59 -0500

<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>
[ECP] Educational CyberPlayGround K-12 Newsletter

Located on the Blog Educational CyberPlayGround Blog:
http://blog.edu-cyberpg.com/
SIGN UP and GET POSTS DELIVERED TO YOUR EMAIL

*Subscribe to the ECP Blog Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/EducationalCyberPlayGround

*Find your School in the ECP K-12 School Directory
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/schools/

*Link to the Educational CyberPlayGround
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com
<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>

Hi K12 Newsletter Readers,

Oil Spill Animal Relief

I can recommend working with this organization if your school wants to help
Kelly Overton, MPA, MPH Executive Director People Protecting Animals & Their
Habitats - PATH Inc.

<Karen>

Kelly Overton, MPA, MPH Executive Director
People Protecting Animals & Their Habitats - PATH Inc.

Oil Spill Animal Relief

In the coming days our country will begin to suffer the consequences of the
worst oil spill in U.S. history. The aftermath of the spill will be truly
devasting to animals and their habitats across the gulf coast. PATH has
determined a need for logistical, supply and rescue support will be needed for
months to come.

I will be leaving NYC to travel to the gulf region and mobilize a central
supply and rescue/information center in the wake of the oil spill. PATH
volunteers are currently establishing supply/donation drop sites in locations
across the country. The supplies and donations secured at these sites will be
efficiently sent to our central location in the gulf region and then
distributed to areas of most need. Below are some items that are needed. Items
that cost less to buy locally than mail/transport are not included.

NEEDED:

Volunteers to collect supplies/donations in their communities/offices/schools
Nets w/ Handle
Netting
Tents w/ stakes/etc.
WaterPic(K)s - water spray - not electric brush
Sun Protection Lotion (non animal tested please)
Wading Boots
Syringes for feeding (NO NEEDLES)
Digital camera (s) with appropriate connecting cords
Video camera w/ appropriate connecting cords
Vet Wrap
Veg/Vegan snack bars
Walmart/Target gift cards
Heating pads
Electrical extension cords
Pliers
Hotel/airline points/miles
Financial support - donations

In NYC supplies/donations can be dropped off at

Moo Shoes
78 Orchard Street
New York, NY 10002
(Lower East Side b/t Grand/Broome)

We are also in dire need of funding/support. This is an all volunteer effort,
but housing/lodging will be needed. Please consider making a tax-deductible
donation via www.ppath.org All funds collected will go to rescue efforts - no
salaries, no advertising, no administrative costs!

Checks can be mailed to:
PATH Inc.
151 First Avenue
Suite 161
New York, NY 10003
www.ppath.org

Supplies can be mailed to:
PATH
c/o 420 Palm Lake Drive
Pensacola, FL 32507

To learn how you can volunteer to help call 617-354-2826

Our Hen House will be blogging/podding about our efforts in the region and how
you can help. Please visit www.ourhenhouse.org

Thank you!

Kelly Overton, MPA, MPH
Executive Director
People Protecting Animals & Their Habitats - PATH Inc.
www.ppath.org

follow Twitter
@WildlifeProtect
@ppath
 #oilspill

<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>
[ECP] Educational CyberPlayGround K12 Newsletters ©

Set Mailing List Preferences: Subscribe - Unsubscribe - Digest
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/K12Newsletters.html

Copyright statements to be included when reproducing
annotations from the Educational CyberPlayGround K-12 Newsletter

The single phrase below is the copyright notice to be used when
reproducing any portion of this report, in any format:

> EDUCATIONAL CYBERPLAYGROUND
> http://www.edu-cyberpg.com
> Educational CyberPlayGround K-12 Newsletter copyright
> http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/K12Newsletters.html

Advertise K12 Newsletters
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/Subguidelines.html