Hilton Pond 11/08/04 (Spring Peepers)

  • From: Educational CyberPlayGround <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: K12NewsLetters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 10:06:15 -0500

All Mailing Lists
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/index.html

WILDLIFE PROTECTION NETWORK
The Wildlife Protection Network is dedicated to educating
the public about wildlife, and the environment. The W.P.N.
endorses the use of nonlethal and humane methods for the
control of wildlife populations when deemed ecologically
necessary based on scientific evidence. The W.P.N. opposes
all lethal methods of wildlife population control. The W.P.N.
endorses only humane options for resolving wildlife-human conflict.
The W.P.N. focusses primarily on the state of Pennsylvania but
includes some wildlife protection issues in other states.
http://www.wildlifeprotection.net/

Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 22:01:40 -0500
From: Hilton Pond Center <ThisWeek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Hilton Pond 11/08/04 (Spring Peepers)

Although it's already mid-November and time for some cold-blooded
fauna to be thinking about hibernation, we've been serenaded as of
late at Hilton Pond by mating songs from, of all things, SPRING Peepers!

These diminutive frogs singing "out of season" are the topic for the
current photo essay under "This Week at Hilton Pond." To view the
installment for 8-14 November 2004, please visit
<<http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek041108.html>>

As always we include lists of all birds banded or recaptured during
the period.

There's also a reminder about the sign-up deadline for our upcoming
mid-winter hummingbird expeditions to Costa Rica. Graduate credit
is now available for the eight-day trips.

Please forward this message to friends who appreciate birds and
nature, and tell them they can get a free reminder for "This Week
at Hilton Pond" by sending a blank E-mail to
<<mailto:ThisWeek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> with SUBSCRIBE in the
subject line. Be sure to have them configure their spam filters to
accept E-mails from ThisWeek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Happy  Nature Watching!

BILL

(Note that the Hilton Pond Web site has a Search Engine that is
accessible from most pages. Please check it first if you have
questions.)

-------------------------------

"This Week at Hilton Pond" is written and photographed by:
BILL HILTON JR., Executive Director
1432 DeVinney Road
York, South Carolina 29745 USA
803-684-5852

The mission of Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History is
"to conserve plants, animals, habitats, and other natural components
of the Piedmont Region of the eastern United States through
observation, scientific study, and education for students of all ages."

Please visit our Web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net) at
<<http://www.hiltonpond.org>> and for "Operation RubyThroat:
The Hummingbird Project" at <<http://www.rubythroat.org>>

Tax-deductible contributions in support of our non-profit programs
may be made on-line via the "Network for Good" at
<<http://www.guidestar.org/helping/donate.adp?ein=56-2162170>>

<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>
EDUCATIONAL CYBERPLAYGROUND
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com

Net Happenings, K12 Newsletters, Network Newsletters
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/index.html

FREE EDUCATION VENDOR DIRECTORY LISTING
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Directory/default.asp

HOT LIST OF SCHOOLS ONLINE