Hilton Pond 09-15-06 (Mushrooms)

  • From: Educational CyberPlayGround <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: K12NewsLetters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 13:48:49 -0400

Advertise K12 Newsletters Guidelines

Subject: Hilton Pond 09-15-06 (Mushrooms)

Whether it's really Amanita caesarea or A. jacksonii, American Caesar's Amanita might be called a "typical" mushroom--if there is such a thing.

In the 15-21 September 2006 installment of "This Week at Hilton
Pond" we take a look at mushroom anatomy, with some unusual
photographs and interesting facts about our fungal friends. To view
the current photo essay, please visit

As always we provide a tally of all birds banded during the
period--including a final "wave" of Ruby-throated Hummingbirds--
and throw in a few miscellaneous nature notes.

"This Week at Hilton Pond" is free education outreach initiative
of Hilton Pond Center. Please consider supporting it and our other
non-profit programs with your tax-deductible contribution via U.S.
mail or on-line via PayPal or the "Network for Good" at
(You may need to cut and paste this link into your browser if it is
too long in this message.)

Feel free to forward this message to friends who appreciate birds
and nature, and tell them they can get a free reminder for "This
Week at Hilton Pond" by sending a blank E-mail to
<<mailto:ThisWeek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> with SUBSCRIBE in the Subject
line. Be sure to have them configure their spam filters to accept
E-mails from <ThisWeek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.

Happy Nature Watching!

(Note that the Hilton Pond Web site has a Search Engine that is accessible from most pages. Please check it first if you have questions.)

"This Week at Hilton Pond" is written and photographed by:
BILL HILTON JR., Executive Director
1432 DeVinney Road
York, South Carolina 29745 USA

The mission of Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History is
"to conserve plants, animals, habitats, and other natural components
of the Piedmont Region of the eastern United States through
observation, scientific study, and education for students of all ages."

Please visit our Web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net) at
<<http://www.hiltonpond.org>> and for "Operation RubyThroat:
The Hummingbird Project" at <<http://www.rubythroat.org>>

<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<> Copyright statements to be included when reproducing annotations from K12 Newsletter

The single phrase below is the copyright notice to be used when reproducing any portion of this report, in any format:

EDUCATIONAL CYBERPLAYGROUND http://www.edu-cyberpg.com
K12 Newsletter copyright