Greetings K12Newsletters Members from Karen Ellis

  • From: Educational CyberPlayGround <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: k12Newsletters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 12:20:49 -0400

Integrate Literacy, Music, and Technology into the classroom.

Greetings All,

Our friend Gleason Sackmann and his wife Jan have both decided to retire
from a lifetime of teaching in the K - 12 space.  We would all like to get
up out of our chairs right now and give them a standing ovation. We wish
them well and hope they have a wonderful time traveling the US.

I never knew what was going to happen with Gleason around :-) he is one of
a kind, unique, one of those very very special people who has vision and
leadership ability. He thinks it needs to be done so he goes out there and
gets it done. He doesn't wait around for permission. That's my kind of
guy.  The kind that comes around once in a lifetime. Gleason is an internet
pioneer. And I know how grateful I am for the work he did in the K12 space
and how special it is for me to walk in the footsteps of giants.

Tipping our Hats to Gleason Sackmann

1998 awarded SIG/Tel Educational Telecomputing Outstanding Service Award.
1996 rated #10 on Newsweek's prestigious List of "50 People Who Matter
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/gmanbio.html
Since the beginning (May 1993) --  4/31/00
59,270 postings have been sent to Net Happenings
I can't imagine how many more have been posted since then.

For those who do not know me, my name is Karen Ellis
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/AboutUs/aboutus.html

and now moderate the three mailing lists:
Net Happenings, K12 Newsletters and Network Newsletters
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/index.html

For several years the Educational CyberPlayGround
has already been hosting the

HotList Of K-12 Internet School Sites
also started in 1993.
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Schools/default.asp

and

I am the founder of both the Educational CyberPlayGround
and the National Children's Folksong Repository.
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/

Anyone interested in posting their announcements to the lists may contact
me directly at this time.

all my best,

Karen

<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>
EDUCATIONAL CYBERPLAYGROUND
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com

Net Happenings, K12 Newsletters, Network Newsletters
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/index.html

FREE EDUCATION VENDOR DIRECTORY LISTING
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Directory/default.asp

HOT LIST OF SCHOOLS ONLINE