Fwd: Hilton Pond 10/01/04 (Snapping Turtle)

  • From: Educational CyberPlayGround <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: K12NewsLetters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:07:46 -0400

Integrate Literacy, Music, and Technology into the classroom.

>Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 23:50:58 -0400
>From: Hilton Pond Center <ThisWeek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Hilton Pond 10/01/04 (Snapping Turtle)
>
>While taking a leisurely bicycle ride near Hilton Pond Center for
>Piedmont Natural History, we came across a hatchling Common
>Snapping Turtle that we rescued from possible demise beneath
>the tire of an oncoming auto. Prior to releasing this tiny snapping
>turtlet, we snapped a little ourselves--photos that is--and put
>together an essay about the slow-moving creature.
>
>To view our on-line installment of "This Week at Hilton Pond" for
>1-7 October 2004, please visit
><<http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek041001.html>>
>
>We also had a nice assortment of fall migrant birds this week at
>the Center, some of which we netted or trapped. As always,
>banding and recapture totals are included in this week's report.
>
>Please forward this message to friends who appreciate birds and
>nature, and tell them they can get a free reminder for "This Week
>at Hilton Pond" by sending a blank E-mail to
><<mailto:ThisWeek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> with SUBSCRIBE in the
>subject line. Be sure to have them configure their spam filters to
>accept E-mails from ThisWeek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

>Happy  Nature Watching!
>
>BILL
>
>(Note that the Hilton Pond Web site has a Search Engine that is
>accessible from most pages. Please check it first if you have
>questions.)
>
>-------------------------------
>
>"This Week at Hilton Pond" is written and photographed by:
>BILL HILTON JR., Executive Director
>Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History
>1432 DeVinney Road
>York, South Carolina 29745 USA
>803-684-5852
>
>The mission of Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History is
>"to conserve plants, animals, habitats, and other natural components
>of the Piedmont Region of the eastern United States through
>observation, scientific study, and education for students of all ages."
>
>Please visit our Web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net) at
><<http://www.hiltonpond.org>> and for "Operation RubyThroat:
>The Hummingbird Project" at <<http://www.rubythroat.org>>
>
>Tax-deductible contributions in support of our non-profit programs
>may be made on-line via the "Network for Good" at
><<http://www.guidestar.org/helping/donate.adp?ein=56-2162170>>

<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>
EDUCATIONAL CYBERPLAYGROUND
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com

Net Happenings, K12 Newsletters, Network Newsletters
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/index.html

FREE EDUCATION VENDOR DIRECTORY LISTING
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Directory/default.asp

HOT LIST OF SCHOOLS ONLINE