Costa Rica Hummingbird Trip Openings (Feb 2006)

  • From: Educational CyberPlayGround <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: K12NewsLetters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 08:49:15 -0500

Advertise K12 Newsletters Guidlines
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/Subguidelines.html

********************************************************************* EXPERTS OFFER FREE "BIRD FLU" INFORMATION FOR ETHNIC LANGUAGE COMMUNITIES

GET VACCINATED U.S. FLU SHOT FINDER

FREE AVIAN FLU EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS
 DOWNLOADS AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE USE
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Linguistics/birdflu.html

Because of hurricane-related complications in the lives of several
folks registered for our upcoming hummingbird expeditions to
Costa Rica, we had to cancel the trip scheduled for the last
week in November.

However, we do still have openings for 11-18 February 2006--when
it undoubtedly will be cold, wet, and dreary across much of
North America.  :-)

The eight-day Costa Rica trip is devoted to finding, banding,
and observing Ruby-throated Hummingbirds (Archilochus colubris)
on their wintering grounds in Guanacaste Province on the blue and
sunny Pacific Coast. Trip costs are VERY low and include terrific
food and comfortable lodging at Buena Vista Lodge halfway up the
slope of a dormant volcano. There's also plenty of time to sample
Costa Rican culture and view and photograph a wide variety of
tropical plants, birds, and other wildlife.

For details on how to register, please see the Web site for
Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History, specifically at
http://www.hiltonpond.org/CostaRicaAnnounceMain05.html
or
<<http://www.hiltonpond.org/CostaRicaAnnounceMain05.html>>
Details of our highly successful trips last year are at
http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek050101.html
or
<<http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek050101.html>>

Here's your chance to take a respite from winter in the U.S.
while contributing to an on-going effort to unlock the mystery
of where "our" Ruby-throated Hummingbirds go for half the year
and what they do while they're there. Register today for a true
"hands-on" hummingbird experience in the tropics.

Graduate college credit is available for the expedition.

Happy (Tropical) Hummingbird Watching!

BILL

(Note that the Hilton Pond Web site has a Search Engine that is
accessible from most pages. Please check it first if you have
questions.)

-------------------------------

"This Week at Hilton Pond" is written and photographed by:
BILL HILTON JR., Executive Director
1432 DeVinney Road
York, South Carolina 29745 USA
803-684-5852

The mission of Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History is
"to conserve plants, animals, habitats, and other natural components
of the Piedmont Region of the eastern United States through
observation, scientific study, and education for students of all ages."

Please visit our Web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net) at
<<http://www.hiltonpond.org>> and for "Operation RubyThroat:
The Hummingbird Project" at <<http://www.rubythroat.org>>

Tax-deductible contributions in support of our non-profit programs
may be made on-line via the "Network for Good" at
<<http://www.guidestar.org/helping/donate.adp?ein=56-2162170>>

<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>
Copyright statements to be included when reproducing
annotations from K12 Newsletter

The single phrase below is the copyright notice to be used when
reproducing any portion of this report, in any format:
EDUCATIONAL CYBERPLAYGROUND http://www.edu-cyberpg.com
K12 Newsletter copyright
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/K12Newsletters.html

FREE EDUCATION VENDOR DIRECTORY LISTING