  • From: Gleason Sackmann <gleason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: K12Newsletters <k12newsletters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 09:00:00 -0600

K12NewsLetters - From Educational CyberPlayGround
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/

From: crn <child_research_net@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <gleason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 16:32:05 +0900
Subject: Child Research Net Newsletter January 30, 2003

Child Research Net Newsletter January 30, 2004
http://www.childresearch.net/

Dancing Dialog 2004, a bilingual message board both in English and Japanese has

opened! Let's join! http://www.childresearch.net/RR/DANCE/index.html

1. Director's Comment
2. This month's Topics
3. CRN Cybrary
4. Others

-----------------------------------
1. Director's Comment
-----------------------------------
Dr. Hiroshi Nishida, pediatrician and director of Maternal and Perinatal
Center,
Tokyo Women's Medical University, is planning a marathon tour supported by the
International Childcare Happiness Foundation and Aprica Childcare Society. He
will run 10,500 km from Vatican to Nara, Japan through Turkey and China. The
project is called "Dr. Nishida's Silk Road Running Journey 2004" which will
kick
off activities to appeal for children's happiness all over the world.

The first leg of the marathon tour will start from February 26. He will run
about 2,500km and get to Istanbul on May 23 after passing through Slovenia,
Croatia, Serbia Montenegro and Bulgaria. When the first leg is accomplished, he

will go back to his work in Japan for a while before starting the second leg of

the tour.

Mr. Kenzo Sakai, director of International Childcare Happiness Foundation and I

will organize Dr. Nishida's send-off party at the beginning of February.
Details
about Dr. Nishida's journey will be published soon.  Let's cheer the doctor on
and give him our support!  Stay tuned! (Noboru Kobayashi)

----------------------------------
2. This month's Topics
----------------------------------
Seasons Greetings from Director
Noboru Kobayashi, M.D.
http://www.childresearch.net/cgi-bin/topics/column.pl?no=00205&page=1

CRN would like to take this occasion to express our gratitude for your generous

support. As we embark on the fourth year of this century, we have many things
be thankful for: CRN has marked its eighth anniversary in operation as an
internet-based research institute devoted to Kodomogaku, and access to our
Japanese and English web site has grown.
(Continued in the website)

Walking Between Worlds: Reflections on Youth Culture, Identity, and Creative
Expression
Steve McCarty
http://www.childresearch.net/cgi-bin/topics/column.pl?no=00206&page=1

In my home town of Boston, when an MIT survey asked people "what invention they

hate most but can't live without, 30 percent said the cell phone. Alarm clocks
were a close second with 25 percent, followed by the television with 23
percent"
(CNN.com, January 21, 2004).  (Continued in the website)

Archive of CRN Home Page Topics for Discussion
http://www.childresearch.net/cgi-bin/topics/arc.pl

----------------------------------
3. CRN Cybrary
----------------------------------
Koby's Kodomogaku - Children are Our Future
http://www.childresearch.net/CYBRARY/KOBY/FUTURE/index.html
Smile of newborns is called a social smile with emotions responding to a
stimulus; it is a meaningful behavior from the socio-biological perspective.
This communication tool causes unique sympathy among adults surrounding
babies....

Brown University Child and Adolescent Behavior Letter
http://www.childresearch.net/CYBRARY/NEWS/index.html
We picked up "Effects of text messaging on adolescent health studied" and "New
findings in juvenile delinquents" this month.

Young Researchers' Papers
http://www.childresearch.net/CYBRARY/YRP/index.html
A high school student wrote about Shinsengumi in "The Two Currents of Time."

Articles by CRN Advisory Board Members
http://www.childresearch.net/CYBRARY/MABM/index.html
"For Embodied self View - In Multi-Cultural Collaboration" written by Yoshiro
Miyata and Tetsuro Yamaguchi has been posted.

Educational Visions
http://www.childresearch.net/CYBRARY/EVISION/index.html
"Republic of Uzbekistan: Towards Future Development Through Educational
Reforms"
A foreign student of ICU Graduate School has written about educational
information of her country

Prof. Daijiro Hida cotributed "Divided Japanese and Education Divided ." How
does parent's social status affect child's education in Japan?

------------------------------------
4. Others
------------------------------------
Research and Rethinking - R&R Cafe, Teens' Photo Project
http://www.childresearch.net/RR/PHOTO/index.html
Teens' Photo Project 2003 introduces a Japanese centuries-old event, "Tori no
Ichi Fair".

Research and Rethinking - Dancing Dialog 2004
http://www.childresearch.net/RR/DANCE/index.html
We newly opened "Dancing Dialog 2004", a message board that is available both
in
English and Japanese. Let's join!

Key Issues - Educational Reform in Japan
http://www.childresearch.net/KEY/EREFORM.HTM
Ed-Info Japan's articles posted from September to December have been archived.

Let's Talk! - Ed-Info Japan
http://www.childresearch.net/cgi-bin/KEY/FORUM/LT/disp_article.pl?theme=0100
We pick up news, information, and issues on education in Japan weekly.

Jugemu Jugeme (Jan. 30)
The withdrawal of treatment (Jan. 23)
Grand parents (Jan. 15)

Let us hear your thoughts on young people and education!

web page. We look forward to hearing from you.
http://www.childresearch.net/QUESTION/index.html?/index.html?no=2

<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>~~~~~<>
EDUCATIONAL CYBERPLAYGROUND
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com

VENDORS REACH THE EDUCATION MARKET
FREE EDUCATION VENDOR DIRECTORY LISTING
Find PREMIUM & FEATURED MERCHANT LISTING ALSO
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Directory/default.asp

HOT LIST OF SCHOOLS ONLINE
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Schools/default.asp

SERVICES
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/PS/Home_Products.html

Net Happenings,K12 Newsletters, Network Newsletters
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Community/index.html