[junojames] Re: MegaMail?

  • From: Edward Knobloch <k4pf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: junojames@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 12:03:15 -0400

Hi,

I had Verizon DSL, and used Juno 5 set to "connect via network".
When Verizon DSL service went down (which only happened about 3 times in
a year),
I switched Juno to "connect using a modem", and went back to using my old
modem.

Just don't forget to install a small DSL phone line low-pass filter
(which comes with the DSL installation package)
between your computer modem outlet
and the telephone line.

I now have Verizon FIOS fiber-optic service, which provides much faster
downloads of large files than DSL.  There was not much improvement
in perceived speed over DSL for routine browsing.  I still use Juno 5,
set to "connect via network", using FIOS.  I can't answer your question
about Megamail, I  have Juno Platinum.

Regards,
Ed Knobloch