[juneau-lug] Re: xandros install

  • From: "Myron Davis" <myrond@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 23:22:46 -0900 (AKST)

At first I was fairly impressed with the Xandros hardware detection until
of course we tried to install it on the old laptop and it didn't detect
the cdrom (doh!).

The SMP kernel should be fine, could you run knoppix and do a lsmod and
look for the drivers for your NIC?  Then boot into Xandros and run

cd /lib/modules
find . -name DRIVERNAMEFOUNDINKNOPPIX

that should at least tell you if the driver exists, if it does try
modprobe DRIVERNAMEFOUNDINKNOPPIX

and hope for the best, otherwise it's back to downloading and compiling
network card drivers :(

-Myron