[juneau-lug] windows free laptops

  • From: Toby Harbanuk <tobysam@xxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 17:47:28 -0900

Here's a list of companies that sell laptops without windows. This
saves you from paying $100+ for a windows license.

Linux-preinstalled laptops
1.      ASA Computers [asacomputers.com]
2.      ASLab [aslab.com] (Linux Forum [aslab.com])
3.      American Computer [accpc.com]
4.      Cyclox [cyclox.com]
5.      Kachina Tech [kachinatech.com] (positively ancient laptops -- K6 and
PII)
6.      QLI Tech [qlitech.net]
7.      Workstation 2000 [w2000.com]

No-os laptops
1.      ARM Computer [armcomputer.com]
2.      Chem USA [chemusa.com]
3.      Mtech Laptops [mtechlaptops.com] (these guys outright lied to me
about what they could deliver, in order to get my order, were not able
to deliver the laptop, and I had to cancel my order -- which took 3
months to process and they kept $5 for the priviledge -- do not do
business with them)
4.      PC Torque [pctorque.com]
5.      Power Notebooks [powernotebooks.com] (very good customer service
according to Reseller Ratings [resellerratings.com]) (Linux forum
[powernotebooks.com])
6.      Xtreme Notebooks [xtremenotebooks.com]