[juneau-lug] Re: web site down?

  • From: Myron Davis <myrond@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juneau-lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 18:13:02 -0900

Hmmm...  yeah 503 is because the backend apache server is super busy
(litespeed is proxying to the backend server) and it doesn't have very many
allowed connections.
looks like apache is under a ddos, lots and lots of incoming connections

netstat -an|grep SYN_RECV |grep 8099 > /tmp/list.txt &

after 30 seconds:
vector ~ # wc -l /tmp/list.txt
5246412 /tmp/list.txt

(5.2m incoming connections) and still counting!

Hmm... doesn't look like apache can handle that load!!